TB Vets Charitable Foundation (“the Foundation”) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. We do not rent, sell, or trade the names of our valued donors. The information will only be collected for the purposes outlined in the policy.
“Personal Information” is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, or contact a specific individual. This information includes whether an individual has donated to TB Vets Charitable Foundation, how much has been donated, and an individual’s contact information. TB Vets is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information of its donors. In order to ensure compliance with its privacy policies, the Foundation ensures that our employees and volunteers sign confidentiality agreements and certain controls are in place to safeguard against information being accessed, disclosed, or shared more widely than is necessary.
EXCEPTION: Business contact information and other information that is publicly available is not considered to be personal information. Information available in the public domain is not subject to privacy legislation and as such is not included in this policy.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
The Foundation shall identify and document the purposes for which personal information is collected at the time, or before it is collected.
The Foundation collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To comply with CRA requirements for gift processing and receipting;
- To build and maintain relationships with its donors;
- To thank and publicly acknowledge its donors;
- To further develop and improve its fundraising activities;
- To keep donors informed of the Foundation’s activities, initiatives, and future opportunities to support the Foundation.
As appropriate, the Foundation shall identify the purposes orally, electronically, or in writing to the individual at the time of collection, or subsequent to collection but prior to use or disclosure.
In accordance with the Personal information Protection Act (PIPA), consent can be either expressed or implied. Given the nature of the information the Foundation collects, consent will be implied in most instances. The Foundation will ensure efforts are made to inform individuals of the reasons for which information is being collected. Personal information collected from donors will continue to be used for the purpose of informing donors of future fundraising campaigns and activities, as well as for the purposes of building and maintaining the donor’s relationship with the Foundation. Donors will have the right and ability to opt-out if they do not wish to continue to receive such information in the future. An individual’s consent is required before confidential information is released to external parties.
Limiting Collection of Personal Information
The collection of personal information is limited to that which is relevant and necessary for the purposes specified by the Foundation. The Foundation will collect only warranted information through lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected by the Foundation except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
- Accuracy: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as possible. The Foundation takes measures to ensure that information is updated when necessary.
- Safeguards and Security: Personal information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Access to personal information is only provided to individuals who deal with the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- Openness: The Foundation will make readily available specific information about its policies relating to the management of personal information to individuals.
- Access to Personal Information and Correction: Upon request, an individual shall be given access to the information in their file to ensure its accuracy.
- Preserving and expiring visitor sessions on the site (e.g. preserving data between steps of a process; and ending the session after a period of inactivity)
- Storing font size preferences on the site
- Enabling web analytic tools (such as Google Analytics – see below)
Trusted Third Party – Google Analytics
This Foundation’s website makes use of Google Analytics to track performance and understand how donors use our site. We comply with the Google Analytics Terms of Service, which can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Those wishing to opt out of Google Analytics should use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We comply with European Union (“EU”) regulations regarding the processing and movement of personal data including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
If you have questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information or anything else, you may contact the firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca